Innovative solutions for oil pollution
Castalia is engaged in:
- research and development of solutions and innovative technologies able to enhance the efficiency of recovery of oil in the sea, even in unfavourable marine weather conditions (combining the positive characteristics of both the flexible and the rigid barriers);
- study on the use of carbon-based nanotechnologies for recovery of oil in the sea;
- study and research to enhance the performance of skimmers in recovering oil mixtures with low water content;
- study of a robot skimmer for automatic recovery of oil from the surface of the sea;
- study of robot aerial platforms (drones) as alternative/supplementary sources of data for emergency pollution response at sea.